This group includes Matt, Irene, Simon, Blythe and Hansa.
Hi everyone, I can definitely show some printmaking stuff. Specifically wood cut prints. I can show a quick demonstration and give everyone a chance to use the tools and get an idea of how the project works. Then we’ll print the block that everyone worked on. I will make a handout demonstrating safety precautions, techniques, and how to use it in a lesson plan.
Is anyone else expecting to do any printmaking?
This is a group proposal for printmaking/typology/visual communications/maps/text workshop:
Printmaking Lesson Plans: woodcut prints. A demonstration, proper tool use, specific project idea. Class works on their own; we print them on a block.
Visual Communication Lesson Plans:
1. Universal signs. Using print outs of recognizable symbols (i.e. bathroom, railway, stop sign etc.) creating ways to recreate meaning through visual narratives.
2. Brands & Logo- imagery and type. How would you create your own visual logo? What brands, animals, colors, etc. Describe you? Supplies needed? Construction paper.
3. Explore Media Literacy and Advertising. Discussion and Critical analysis on who is talking to whom, what message is being told, who is the audience, images being used, and visual culture.
For Educational and Career Purposes:
1. Business cards for Teachers & Students
2. Lesson plan spreads: resources and basic layouts for educators to use for their lesson plan spreads. We will include resources, basic Photoshop, in design, and other graphic programs teachers can use to better sell themselves in the work world.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.